Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.building
Mike

Default Phila mechanic?

2 years ago I bought a 1977 25' Carver Santa Cruz, great price but in
worse condition than I thought. I've put hundreds of hours into it
since then, but I'm in high school and while I love boats and the
ocean, I'm no engineer. Some people in another online group suggested
(wisely) that I have someone check the systems and the structural
integrity of the boat, since I found many aspects of the boat to be
different from advertised when I bought it. It hasn't been in the
water since I got it. I've got a tugboat captain friend who will check
the boat out again, but I'd feel more comfortable with a second expert
opinion.

Anyone know a good Philadelphia area mechanic who knows stern drives
and could check that it's seaworthy before I drop it in the water and
take my chances (I'm kidding, sort of...)?

Thanks,
Mike