posted to rec.boats.building
Andrew Butchart

Default 9" Eye Bolt

I need a 9" long - 3/8" eyebolt, either with a shoulder, or with threads all
the way up. I could also use a bit of threaded rod and an eye nut if I
could find someone who actually sells the blasted things.

I would be able to go around the Toronto, Canada area looking for such a
thing or could use mail order.

Any thoughts?

--
Andrew Butchart

posted to rec.boats.building
Matt Colie

Andrew,
When all else fails, try McMaster-Carr.
They aren't cheap, but they have almost every that exists in western
technology.
site is
http://www.mcmaster.com/
search for eye nut and then go down list for types of SS.
They might have an eyebolt too, but I didn't check.

Andrew Butchart wrote:

I need a 9" long - 3/8" eyebolt, either with a shoulder, or with threads all
the way up. I could also use a bit of threaded rod and an eye nut if I
could find someone who actually sells the blasted things.

I would be able to go around the Toronto, Canada area looking for such a
thing or could use mail order.

Any thoughts?

posted to rec.boats.building
Richard J Kinch

http://www.mscdirect.com/
http://www.use-enco.com/

posted to rec.boats.building
Andrew Butchart

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
Andrew Butchart writes:

I need a 9" long - 3/8" eyebolt, either with a shoulder, or with
threads all the way up. I could also use a bit of threaded rod and an
eye nut if I could find someone who actually sells the blasted things.

http://www.mscdirect.com/
http://www.use-enco.com/

AHA - found a good source of eye-nuts and other such fastener products.
Brafasco - www.brafasco.com - locations all around southern Ontario and even
a couple in the US. It was a shock after going into shops looking for eye
nuts and getting a blank look to just being asked "how many do you want".

--
Andrew Butchart

Porta-Bote Maiden Voyage and Sculling Modifications liv Skip Gundlach Boat Building 3 May 26th 06 01:12 PM
I'm ba aaaack! jlr ASA 191 March 2nd 06 09:03 PM
Keel bolt material pete Boat Building 7 February 16th 06 09:53 PM
FS: 1980 Sailing dory 14' 9" in Tampa Bay FL Ron Marketplace 0 January 20th 06 02:15 AM
loose footed vs. bolt rope imagineero ASA 1 November 27th 05 05:42 AM