Jim Pook

Default Volvo 280 Outdrive Painting - To Anti-Foul or Not

I am just a few days away from pulling my boat out of the water (salt water)
for a pre-season cleaning and to renew the anti-fouling on the hull and I've
got a couple of questions:

1) Volvo 280 Outdrive - should I Anti-foul it or not? - Yes, I know that I
have to use special paint at about $75/litre. Trilux II
I've got a whole bunch of growth on the outdrive inspite of using it
regularly through the winter. Even the prop has a visible layer of green on
it.

2) What should I paint the trim tabs with? - they are Bennet tabs and I
believe them to be Stainless Steel.

3) I have heard of people adding cayanne pepper to anti-fouling paint with
good results - anyone here ever actually done this? Did it work?

If you would like to see the boat, pictures are on my website at the bottom.

Thanks in advance!

Jim Pook
Tahsis, BC
www.jimsfishing.com

Larry Kier

"Jim Pook" wrote in message
m...
I am just a few days away from pulling my boat out of the water (salt

water)
for a pre-season cleaning and to renew the anti-fouling on the hull and

I've
got a couple of questions:

1) Volvo 280 Outdrive - should I Anti-foul it or not? - Yes, I know that I
have to use special paint at about $75/litre. Trilux II
I've got a whole bunch of growth on the outdrive inspite of using it
regularly through the winter. Even the prop has a visible layer of green

on
it.

I used trilux II on my merc.. worked fine, with minimal growth over a
season. Previous years (without Trilux) the growth was heavy, I had to use
a long handled brush to clean the leg in order to keep the growth from
affecting the boats performance. The litre will last for several recoatings
and is well worth it. (I boat on Vancouver Island).

Larry