Brian D

Default Marraige Counseling

That's right. 'Final' means you can go try again with another one if you
have the stomach for it. But the divorce is only 'final' if all parties
involved keep it that way ...ex's tend to haunt and cause troubles ...(I'll
leave it at that ...)

Brian

PS: Fortunately for some though, they learn along the way and round 2 is the
real blessing the first should have been had you been more 'experienced' the
first time. Life goes on. Build boats.

--
http://www.advantagecomposites.com/tongass -- My 22' Tolman Skiff project
http://www.advantagecomposites.com/catalog -- Discounted System Three

..
wrote in message
om...
Peggie Hall wrote in message

Moral: don't paint the name on the boat until AFTER the divorce and
settlement are final.

Ho-ho, STARBOARD!! "Final" is an illusion - such things get people
dragged back into court anytime by inspiring creative attacks even
years later; the list of "possiblities" is endless, and their outcomes
unpredictable. It is always better to avoid any appearance of
spitefulness or "nyah-nyah's". In fact, the best strategy is to
invite them for a sail once or twice - they will usually refuse, and
one has bought goodwill. Should they accept, one need only provide an
inoperative head, bad snacks, stiff vintage kapok lifejackets, John
Cage on the stereo and an empty booze locker. :-)

"Brian D" wrote in message news:_Tjmc.31055$_41.2497493@attbi_s02...

I apologize in advance to this NG for adding to this thread, knowing
it is not the accepted style (nor charter) to continue with serious
matters not directly related to boatbuilding here. It is not my hope
to annoy, but I've never tried to win popularity contests, either:

PS: Fortunately for some though, they learn along the way and round 2 is the
real blessing the first should have been had you been more 'experienced' the
first time. Life goes on. Build boats.

A sad statement, friend. This does not sound like learning.

Marriage is not about being experienced. Marriage, even decent
boatbuilding, is about committment. For thousands of years, people
married in their teens, often with no choice of with whom, and knew
little about life & almost nothing about each other until the wedding.
But they knew what committment was, and their strong marriages
spawned whole tribes, societies and nations.

The "experienced" want to remarry someone they love. The faithful do
the opposite: love the one you marry.

"Round 2"? With a still-living spouse, this is adultery - no matter
what piece of paper two may have or what some religious official says
it is. Only death ends a valid marriage. Marriage is not a
contractual relationship. It is a creation ordinance that predates
all faiths and applies to all people, no matter what they believe.
Deep down, everyone knows this.

Please think beyond the grave, the next good time, and the next case
of resin.
Stephen Baker

Brian says:

Relax ...at my request, the fellow's response to my post has been taken
offline. After all, it wasn't about boat building...

Dang - I was just out gettin' mahse'f a chair and a couple o' cold ones...

MArk B. and Carrie

Default Marriage Counseling

Why does a thread on Marriage Counseling follow a thread on Vacuum Bagging.
Is it just a coincidence or something more sinister?

MArk B.

Old Nick

On Sun, 16 May 2004 20:10:38 -0700, "MArk B. and Carrie"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Well according to my ng header listing, it follows a message on wind
generation....what can you say?

Why does a thread on Marriage Counseling follow a thread on Vacuum Bagging.
Is it just a coincidence or something more sinister?

Sometimes in a workplace you find snot on the wall of
the toilet cubicles. You feel "What sort of twisted
child would do this?"....the internet seems full of
them. It's very sad