Parallax

Default Marraige Counseling

Every time I visit my 28' S2 at the coast, the guy in the Pearson next
to me is there so I figure he spends ALL his free time there alone but
his boat has no name on it so I asked why.

He replied:

"My wife and I argue a lot and she told me to stop being so cheap and
pay for some professional help for our relationship, I took her advice
but "MARRAIGE COUNSELOR" wouldnt fit on the stern."
Keith

Well, he could wait awhile and name it "she got the house". ;-)

--

Keith
__
"Parallax" wrote in message
om...
Every time I visit my 28' S2 at the coast, the guy in the Pearson next
to me is there so I figure he spends ALL his free time there alone but
his boat has no name on it so I asked why.

He replied:

"My wife and I argue a lot and she told me to stop being so cheap and
pay for some professional help for our relationship, I took her advice
but "MARRAIGE COUNSELOR" wouldnt fit on the stern."

Peggie Hall

Keith wrote:
Well, he could wait awhile and name it "she got the house". ;-)

Or maybe she'll name it "Was His."

--
Peggie
----------

William R. Watt

Peggie Hall ) writes:
Keith wrote:
Well, he could wait awhile and name it "she got the house". ;-)

Or maybe she'll name it "Was His."

there is a house in our neighbourhood with a double garage the doors of
which are labelled HIS and HERS. no WAS.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm

Peggie Hall wrote in message ...
Keith wrote:
Well, he could wait awhile and name it "she got the house". ;-)

Or maybe she'll name it "Was His."

Wry, but not wise either way. When I threw her out & kept my
children, we chose "Free Three", more for our own spirit of innocent
adventure than any of spite. Later, it got rammed up my nose in court
by a creative attorney. Suggest a more tactical name like "Judges
Rule" using cheap, peel-off letters. :-)

Up my way, "inexplicable casualties" have been know to occur to
spitefully-named vessels; didn't we have a big thread on this 5 years
ago? :-)
Edward Fryer

My favorite boat name of all time means absolutely nothing--in fact, is
likely to be totally miscontrued--to anyone who doesn't know the story
behind it: George wanted a boat...for years he begged his wife Ruth to
let him buy one, but Ruth wanted nothing to do with boats at all.
Finally, though, she relented...he could have his boat, but only on one
condition: that she would never have to set foot on it or even go near
it. George agreed, and bought his boat...which he named "Ruthless."

Hemi, demi, semi related. When growing up, I was a huge fan of the Swallows
and Amazon stories by Arthur Ransome. One of the characters is Nancy
Blackett - she and her sister are the Amazon pirates. Thing is, Nancy isn't
her real name. It's Ruth. But she isn't called Ruth, because, obviously,
pirates are ruthless.

Peggie Hall wrote in message ...

Moral: don't paint the name on the boat until AFTER the divorce and
settlement are final.

Ho-ho, STARBOARD!! "Final" is an illusion - such things get people
dragged back into court anytime by inspiring creative attacks even
years later; the list of "possiblities" is endless, and their outcomes
unpredictable. It is always better to avoid any appearance of
spitefulness or "nyah-nyah's". In fact, the best strategy is to
invite them for a sail once or twice - they will usually refuse, and
one has bought goodwill. Should they accept, one need only provide an
inoperative head, bad snacks, stiff vintage kapok lifejackets, John
Cage on the stereo and an empty booze locker. :-)
Brian D

Saw a funny bumper sticker once ..."I got this here truck for my wife!
Pretty good trade, huh?"

--
http://www.advantagecomposites.com/tongass -- My 22' Tolman Skiff project
http://www.advantagecomposites.com/catalog -- Discounted System Three