ddinc

Default Looking for 1/8" solid T&H veneer

Looking for 1/8" solid Teak and Holly veneer.
Near Connecticut would be nice.

Glenn Ashmore

If you find some anywhere in the world, let me know. I have looked for
6 years. Thare ain't no such animal. You can get teak and "holly"
veneered plywood but the face veneer is only about 1/32nd. I ended up
resawing and planing some solid 8/4 teak and real 4/4 holly to 3/16 and
laying it.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

nospam

I don't think it is considered veneer when it is 1/8th-inch solid but
I can assure you no one manufacturers it. You might find someone to
make it up for you but I'd hate to think what you would pay. If you
need it that badly and nothing else will do you will have to do what I
did (only for a section around my mast step): Mill it yourself if you
have a planer. If not buy whatever you can get, probably 4/4 and have
someone else mill it. You can then edge glue, remembering all the
preparation you need to glue teak (scrubbing with acetone, allowing to
dry) and you might even want to use biscuits as I did though I was
using 3/8ths. You will also need to select yhour glue carefully. I
used West System epoxy though urethane, resourcinol, or even the new
Titebond III might work. Moreover, you will not find decent holly
easy to come by. Most all of the T&H plywood today is made with maple
or other light-colored hardwoods.

ddinc wrote:

Looking for 1/8" solid Teak and Holly veneer.
Near Connecticut would be nice.

J.T. Tuomela

Try World Panel Products here in FL, they will ship.
http://www.worldpanel.com/Marineplywoodsspecialty.htm
About 1/3 down the page, they have 1/2" plywood with 3 mm ( about 1/8" )
thick teak strips without holly but you could insert that your self. Another
alternative ( if you like how it looks) would be solid teak tongue and
groove flooring, pretty easy to install and can be sanded many times in case
of dents or other problems.

Good luck
J.T.

"ddinc" wrote in message
Looking for 1/8" solid Teak and Holly veneer.
Near Connecticut would be nice.

ddinc

Actually I found this. 1/4" and 1/16"

4' x 8' x 1/4" Teak & Holly $125.00 per sheet FOB Boston

We do stock a 1/16" Teak & Holly veneer with no backer $125.00 per sheet FOB
Boston, I would suggest laminating this to a 1/16" okoume core.

Christopher F. Boulter
Boulter Plywood Corp.
24 Broadway
Somerville, MA 02145
617-666-1340

www.boulterplywood.com

ddinc wrote:

Looking for 1/8" solid Teak and Holly veneer.
Near Connecticut would be nice.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Backyard Renegade

"ddinc" wrote in message ...
Actually I found this. 1/4" and 1/16"

4' x 8' x 1/4" Teak & Holly $125.00 per sheet FOB Boston

We do stock a 1/16" Teak & Holly veneer with no backer $125.00 per sheet FOB
Boston, I would suggest laminating this to a 1/16" okoume core.

I have a Foley if you need to plane anything down and there is a guy
locally that has a "Timesaver" 48" wide drum/belt sander for panels.
We are both in the Essex Ct area, Scotty