Jim

Default Pic a watt heaters

For three months in the winter I wish I had a better system for heat.
Occasionally I almost spend the money for an Espar then spring comes
around and I put the heater away, subject forgotten.

I was reading about other peoples solutions, and it seems to be assumed
that everyone has, and knows about, the King, "Pic a watt" heater.
First I have heard of it.

A web search shows www.boat-electric.com, but there is no price or link
for purchase (unless they hide it and I'm not smart enough to find it).
Great business model that is.

The web search did turn up an arson investigation concerning the King
heaters, but not much information.

The King web site had pdf files that tell me that the king heater is
what I want, but, no prices or link to purchase. There is a "Where to
buy" link somewhere, but, it gives names and addresses of 5 stores in
Washington, no links to the stores, no prices.......

So, could someone please clue me in on these things? Built in, with
thermostat sounds better that the West Marine heater under the steps.

Prices and where I can find these things in So. Cal. would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

Steven Dubnoff

I was reading about other peoples solutions, and it seems to be assumed
that everyone has, and knows about, the King, "Pic a watt" heater.
First I have heard of it.

The special stainless "boater's model is available from Fisheries
Supply:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?S2CC32D08

The regular home model (a damn fine unit that runs reliably and
virtually continously all winter in my bedroom) is available from
Seattle area Home Depots and maybe from them in your area as well.

These are not to be confused with any other brand of in-wall electric
heaters. They will _not_ burn your house or boat down.

Best,

Steve

Jim

Thank you. Any advise on ordering, there are a few choices. "Sp" or
"DP" thermostat? How about the manual reset?

I'll go read king's pdf file again, but what is your advice?
Jim

Steven Dubnoff wrote:

I was reading about other peoples solutions, and it seems to be assumed
that everyone has, and knows about, the King, "Pic a watt" heater.
First I have heard of it.

The special stainless "boater's model is available from Fisheries
Supply:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?S2CC32D08

The regular home model (a damn fine unit that runs reliably and
virtually continously all winter in my bedroom) is available from
Seattle area Home Depots and maybe from them in your area as well.

These are not to be confused with any other brand of in-wall electric
heaters. They will _not_ burn your house or boat down.

Best,

Steve

electric marine hot water heaters Bob D. General 15 June 21st 04 04:16 PM
Pic a watt heaters Jim General 2 April 18th 04 12:18 AM
Block Heaters for Large Detroit Diesels Wayne.B General 8 February 10th 04 12:30 AM
Costco has a new Coleman 400 watt inverter for $24.95..... Gary Warner General 3 January 9th 04 03:52 AM
Toyotomi boat heaters? FishWisher General 2 December 22nd 03 01:27 AM