Jim Conlin

Default Y-valve Whale or Jabsco......

A Year ago, based on Peggie's recommendation, I got the Whale valve. To me, it
looks well made. It's too soon to tell whether it functions well or holds up.
The Guzzler (Bosworth) valve is junk.

Ytter wrote:

Which one is better the product that would last longer and do the proper
job? My ITT Jabsco last only five years and plastic around the spring broke.
Thank You
Ytter

Peggie Hall

Ytter wrote:
Which one is better the product that would last longer and do the proper
job? My ITT Jabsco last only five years and plastic around the spring broke.

I think you've answered your own question.

--
Peggie
----------

Keith

Whale!

--

Keith
__
"Ytter" wrote in message
Which one is better the product that would last longer and do the proper
job? My ITT Jabsco last only five years and plastic around the spring

broke.
Thank You
Ytter

Keith

How does bronze hold up to the corrosiveness of urine?

--

Keith
__

"Ytter" wrote in message
Which one is better the product that would last longer and do the proper
job? My ITT Jabsco last only five years and plastic around the spring

broke.
Thank You
Ytter

Brian Whatcott

Looking at the acid resistance of metals table he

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/45_491.html
I see that bronze holds up well to
Citric acid, and formic acid, but vinegar not so well.

That's as far as wanted to take it for now.

Brian W

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 18:13:01 -0500, "Keith"
wrote:

How does bronze hold up to the corrosiveness of urine?

Peggie Hall

Keith wrote:
How does bronze hold up to the corrosiveness of urine?

Since most of the early marine toilets--and most of the high end manual
ones today--are bronze, apparently pretty well. I've never heard of any
problems with it, something I can't about stainless or aluminum.

--
Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html
http://shop.sailboatowners.com/detai...=400&group=327

Lew Hodgett

"Ytter" writes:

Which one is better the product that would last longer and do the proper
job?

snip

When it comes to 3-way waste valves, there is Whale and those valves who
when they grow up want to be Whale valves.

--
Lew

Visit: http://home.earthlink.net/~lewhodgett for Pictures