posted to rec.boats.building
Glenn Ashmore

Default 12v wiring in the bilge?

I hope it is because that is what I am doing. The only wires I have up at
the deck/hull joint are the shore power inputs, the SSB coax and the fuel
tank gauge wires. The AC circuits are Ancor duplex/ground in flexible PVC
conduit that ends above the waterline with watertight boxes and end
fittings. The DC circuits are Ancor duplex run through a wire loom mounted
on the sole frame. All connections are done with adhesive lined heat shrink
crimp connectors.

At least the insurance surveyor seems to like it.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"ray lunder" wrote in message
Ahoy, I have a roll of the deluxe, aysb, oil spec, 600v etc covered
14awg 2 conductor marine type whaaaaaaarrrh.
It would be so much easier, cleaner, cheaper etc to string this under
the floorboards than around the cabin roof, through bulkheads etc. I'm
hoping this is a fairly dry bilge but who knows. Is this simply not
proper or is it ok? As long as it doesn't have any splices what's the
problem? Thanks as always.