Rich

Default Cat boat hull as slow power boat???

Are these hulls worth considering as an engine only boat? Drawbacks??

They are pretty and seem to be a lot of boat for the length.

Thanks,
Rich

Stephen Baker

Rich,
Cat boats make damn fine motor boats. Just make sure it has a nice engine.
Something that goes "pooketa pooketa pooketa...."

;-)

Steve
Rich

Default Choices for the proper sounding engine???

Are they still made? Any good as marine engines with today's expectations?
It would be great to go chugging , or poketing along!

Rich

William R. Watt

"Rich" ) writes:
Are they still made? Any good as marine engines with today's expectations?
It would be great to go chugging , or poketing along!

you could get the same effect from a modern engine by fouling the
sparkplugs, damaging the spark plug wires, putting dirt in the fuel tank,
or anything else you can think of that will cause the engine to miss, cough,
snort, and sometimes backfire.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm
Stephen Baker

William Watt says:

you could get the same effect from a modern engine by fouling the
sparkplugs, damaging the spark plug wires, putting dirt in the fuel tank,
or anything else you can think of that will cause the engine to miss, cough,
snort, and sometimes backfire.

I'll let you know when the body finally rots off my car - my engine must be
about right for "marine" use from the description ;-))

Steve
Gordon Bullis

Try Lindsay Technical Books. They have instructions on making these engines,
including making the castings. Good luck. Otherwise, look for old farm engine
shows or clubs. Lots of these there.

Gordon Bullis

offshore fishing adectus General 7 January 3rd 04 03:23 PM
NEW Boat Profit Margins Konnie General 19 December 19th 03 04:57 AM
Am I chasing my tail?? AP Boat Building 13 November 10th 03 01:56 PM
Hull speed theory? Sakari Aaltonen Boat Building 28 July 22nd 03 09:30 PM
Recreational power boat choice Sean Boat Building 5 July 14th 03 03:09 PM