Skip Gundlach

Default Calling MaxProp with Line Cutters owners

Hi, List(s),

The time has come to put my drive line back together. To avoid another such
event, this time caused by a lobster pot or some such instead of our mooring
line (we'll not make that mistake again!), of screwing/jacking our
transmission out of the mounting plate, we are interested in adding a line
cutter to our shaft.

We have a 3-blade MaxProp Classic on a 1.25" SS shaft. I've heard there are
some complications due to the shape of the prop (distance from the end of
the hub to the blades) which makes this (line cutters) impractical.

Who's got both (or had and removed some form of line cutter), what are they,
and what's been the experience?

Thanks.

L8R

Skip, back to the boat in 10 days as my PT heads out with the Braves again

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC
http://tinyurl.com/384p2 The vessel as Tehamana, as we bought her

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Rosalie B.

"Skip Gundlach" skipgundlach at gmail dotcom wrote:

[...]

Some friends of ours put a line or plate between the rudder and the
keel which would help protect the prop - we didn't do that because Bob
felt that with a shoal draft boat, there is too little clearance for
the prop. We did put a single narrow plate between the rudder and the
thing it hangs on (the skeg? - Bob's not here right now so I can't ask
him), which would help keep from getting lines up into that slot.

grandma Rosalie