BoatBanter.com

-   -   Building the Six Hour Canoe (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/6683-building-six-hour-canoe.html)

Backyard Renegade March 11th 04 07:25 PM

Building the Six Hour Canoe

steveJ wrote in message ...
Isn't there some kinda rule that says anything having to do with
boatbuilding takes atleast six times longer than anticipated to complete?

Only for ragbaggers! Hey Steve, ya' out there?

notta chance wrote:
For my first project i am going to build the 'six hour canoe' from the book.

Anyone have any experience or know of related websites?

Thanks!

Stephen Baker March 11th 04 10:58 PM

Building the Six Hour Canoe

Scotty says:

Only for ragbaggers! Hey Steve, ya' out there?

Ppppppfffffftttttt.......................

;-)

Steve "I hate it when you're right......"

Max Camirand March 12th 04 03:44 PM

Building the Six Hour Canoe

On 10 Mar 2004 15:21:15 GMT, (William R.
Watt) wrote:

Jacques ) writes:

Use metric once and you'll never go back.

the government tried to force metric on the people of Canada but it didn't
stick. The British Empire gave us nice neat whole fractions. The French
Empire gave us confusing non-terminating decimals. :)

My generation of Canadians is somewhere in between. We think of
distances and weights in metric, except when it comes to the height
and weight of people. This is because our parents, being
Imperial-thinking, always spoke of our height in feet and inches.

If you asked me how tall I am in centimeters, I wouldn't know. But if
you ask me how far it is to Montreal in miles, I wouldn't know,
either.

Metric really is superior, imho. At the mill, we saw to Imperial
standards, because that's how the market works, but we use centimeters
internally to keep track of the cut.

-m

Old Nick March 12th 04 11:02 PM

Building the Six Hour Canoe

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:44:12 -0500, Max Camirand
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

SO how many of you, laid end to end, would it take to reach Montreal?
If you asked me how tall I am in centimeters, I wouldn't know. But if
you ask me how far it is to Montreal in miles, I wouldn't know,
either.

..........no I'm not!

Does Bill Gates dream of electronic sheep?