posted to rec.boats.building
Lobo

Default boat construction software

I'm looking for a construction software for creating const. plans for a
new boat ...

THX in advance

Lobo

posted to rec.boats.building
Steve Lortie

I'm redoing the interior/exterior of fiberglass houseboat. Has any one come
accross any cheap or freeware s/w that would make this easier. I have a
package that was meant more for homes (3D Home). I can get it to work
somewhat but it just doesn't cut it.

Googleing hasn't turned up much. Tried some but no good. Any leads
appreciated.

"Lobo" wrote in message
I'm looking for a construction software for creating const. plans for a
new boat ...

THX in advance

Lobo

posted to rec.boats.building
Brian Nystrom

Steve Lortie wrote:
I'm redoing the interior/exterior of fiberglass houseboat. Has any one come
accross any cheap or freeware s/w that would make this easier. I have a
package that was meant more for homes (3D Home). I can get it to work
somewhat but it just doesn't cut it.

Googleing hasn't turned up much. Tried some but no good. Any leads
appreciated.

http://www.freeship.org
posted to rec.boats.building
William R. Watt

Look at the software section of www.boat-links.com.
It's all hull design software. Noting on construction planning.
You might want to look at project managment software for construction.
I put a small MS Project example on my website under
www.ncf.ca/~ag384/Boats.htm .

Lobo ) writes:
I'm looking for a construction software for creating const. plans for a
new boat ...

On the subject of using software to modify interior design, first you'd
have to take and enter all the measurements of the exsisting interior?
Unless it is being stripped down to bare hull for which hull measurements
would suffice?

posted to rec.boats.building

Hi
To project the interiours it is a real good idea to know the actural
forms and shape of the hull, not just as old fasion cross sections as
what's the good news when you have to look at 3 planes at once if you
can't even figure out one.
Offcaurse the best option are a 3D exact drawing, but this requier that
the measures realy will hold, and I gurantie one thing, that the foults
are greater and more serious than you would ever think no, if you want
to be able to project for a boats hull, you must be sure the same
drawings are acturly used to produce the boat, the boat the exact
measures, and not just some lookalike.
Cyber-Boats are made so, so they will produce a 3D model for you to add
whatever you want. But to provide that in a way that is easy to
understand you must offer a brand new structural method, one that work
with computers and is not the old methods rewritten into computer code.

posted to rec.boats.building
Steve Lortie

boat-links doesn't have any interior design pkgs but it does have a lot of
good info.
The boat interior is stripped down and all measured up.

Thanks

Lobo ) writes:
I'm looking for a construction software for creating const. plans for a
new boat ...

On the subject of using software to modify interior design, first you'd
have to take and enter all the measurements of the exsisting interior?
Unless it is being stripped down to bare hull for which hull measurements
would suffice?

posted to rec.boats.building

Why don't you then just put those measures into a simple CAD program ?