Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Allan

Default Polyester or Epoxy?

Hi. I'll probably get some thoughts on this. I built a 20' Osprey Triple
kayak using epoxy resin. Nice boat. Now I'm building an 18' Trident Power
Cat ( johnsboatstuff.com ). He's recommending epoxy for structural work and
polyester (either orthothalic or the other one, I can't remember right now,
would have to look at my plans) for glassing up. Anyway it's the "better"
polyester. I like the price of the polyester, but..................

Anybody have any thoughts on why I should go all epoxy or use the
epoxy/polyester combo??? Thanks for any comments, thoughts.

Amateur 2nd boat builder in the Great White Frozen North,

Allan

Epoxy or Poly for poly repairs? Lloyd Sumpter Boat Building 14 January 4th 04 12:29 AM
epoxy does so pass water William R. Watt Boat Building 14 November 11th 03 12:52 PM
Epoxy sales carlp Boat Building 11 October 11th 03 08:57 PM
Polyester epoxy carlp Boat Building 8 October 2nd 03 09:07 PM
polyester - epoxy bonding Walt Boat Building 19 July 27th 03 06:37 PM