Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
KR & CA Hunter

Default Cedar Strip Construction

Has anybody bought and built from a Compumarine plan? If so, could you
advise your experiences? I would like my next boat project to be a cedar
strip row/power boat and the John Clark plans look Ok on the web, but they
seem a bit expensive for what are essentially a set of hull templates.

Also, can anybody advise on what type(s) of glue are suitable for cedar
strip construction. Builders adhesive has been suggested. Here in
Australia the "Liquid Nails" product is sometimes referred to as builders
glue. Does anyone know whether this is the same product?

I would prefer to build without fasteners if possible, so any experience out
there would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Ken