Brian Blazer

Default clamps

Larry Bud wrote:

Of course it's spam, as he's offering nothing but advertising.
Speaking as a web developer/java programmer, if you're going back
fine, then your back button isn't actually going BACK to the previous
page, as his home page forwards you to another page. You have to go
back into the history if you really want to go back.

And what are you offering with this? And what am I advertising other
than my web site? A site that I do out of my own pocket and gain no
financial rewards for doing?

Brian

Dave Mundt

Greetings and Salutations....
On 2 Jan 2004 07:38:32 -0800, (Larry Bud)
wrote:

Brian Blazer wrote in message ...
It always happens. You are right in the middle of a project and you find
out that you are short on clamps. So what do you do? You try to figure
out some sort of jerry rig with bailing wire and duct tape to get the
job done.

Annoying spam, but even more annoying is that your home page forwards
you to ANOTHER page, which is annoying because I can't use the BACK
button to exit your site. Tell your web developer he needs to fix
this, cause I sure won't be back.

Hum...since it IS a forum about woodworking (and I suppose has
some relevance to the boatbuilding community), I hardly would call
it spam as it IS on topic for the posted groups.
As for the "another page"...I can see your point, sort of...
However, the actions of the site stem from the fact that the pages
are not static, but, are generated on the fly by a database program.
Therefore, simply going to the domain (
www.spaltedboard.com) causes
the web server to invoke the program to create the home page.
You CAN use the "back" button to get out...but, you DO
have to hit it twice in fairly quick sequence. The first "back"
gets you to the domain. The second "back" click gets you to the
page you were at when you went to the domain. It is a small
price to pay for a good source of information, I think, so,
perhaps the best thing we can do is all just chill out and worry
about more important things.
Regards
Dave Mundt

Backyard Renegade

Newbie wrote in message ...
Brian you might as well just forget it. There is a group of people on
this newsgroup that attack anything that doesn't pertain to there own
interests(money making). You can't even post non-commercial sites
because certain people get their crap in a uproar...it's a losing battle
here. LOL NEWBIE

I think what got you in trouble was posting your own site and trying
to pose as a third person in doing so. You got caught slick, and as
someone mentioned last time you cried this, no one tried to sell you
anything either, no one showed any "self interest". If you take five
minutes and look you will see that most of the most prevelant posters
here are private builders with no commercial interest at all. Someone
like myself who does have a commercial interest, rarely if ever note
my own products here, only competetors. get yourself a crying towel
and build some boats, bye, Scotty

Brian Blazer wrote:

On 1/2/04 9:38 AM, in article
, "Larry Bud"
wrote:

Brian Blazer wrote in message
It always happens. You are right in the middle of a project and you find
out that you are short on clamps. So what do you do? You try to figure
out some sort of jerry rig with bailing wire and duct tape to get the
job done.

Annoying spam, but even more annoying is that your home page forwards
you to ANOTHER page, which is annoying because I can't use the BACK
button to exit your site. Tell your web developer he needs to fix
this, cause I sure won't be back.

I am just wondering why you think this is spam? I am not selling you
anything, not trying to get you to sign up for anything. As a matter of
fact, I am not asking anything of you at all. I am only telling you about a
chance to win a dozen free clamps that have no catch whatever.

As far as the re-direct goes, I can hit the back button on any browser I use
and it works just fine (Opera, Safari, Mozilla, Netscape, Firebird,
Explorer).

Brian

Newbie

WRONG!! I have no commercial site. I asked a simple question if anyone
knew anything about this "JEM WATERCRAFT". I have suspicions it is a
Jacque Mertins business?? NEWBIE

Backyard Renegade wrote:

Newbie wrote in message ...
[...]

Brian Blazer wrote:

On 1/2/04 9:38 AM, in article
, "Larry Bud"
wrote:

[...]

Brian D

Hey you newbie! Glad to see you around. Note that I think the following
dialogue referred to another guy's post about a web site where you could
enter to win a bunch of clamps or something. Not sure where or when you
jumped in ...I missed whatever reference there was to JEM Watercraft
(whatever/whoever that is). I don't think anything said was a personal jab
aimed at you, or at least I hope not...

Your pal,
Brian D

--
My boat project: http://www.advantagecomposites.com/tongass

Backyard Renegade wrote:

Newbie wrote in message

[...]

Brian Blazer wrote:

On 1/2/04 9:38 AM, in article
, "Larry Bud"
wrote:

[...]

Matt Langenfeld

If I may, Newbie does not own the JEM Watecaft the websites. I do. I'm
affiliated with Jacques Mertens, but the site is mine. I do have 2 of
Jacques' canoe designs available. Jacques has several of his plans on
sites like Clark Craft as well.

Let me say that I'm only here to participate in the forum. You get lots
of good ideas from just discussing boat building in general. Actually, I
only came to this news group because I did a search and saw my site was
being discussed here.

So if you have any other questions, feel free to ask here or e-mail me
direct at .

For the record, my sites are
http://www.jem.e-boat.net/ and
http://www.jemwatercraft.com/ . I don't intend to keep repeating them
for advertising. Just wanted to clear up any misconceptions.

Thanks for your interest!

Matt Langenfeld
JEM Watercraft

Backyard Renegade wrote:

Newbie wrote in message ...

[...]

Brian Blazer wrote:

On 1/2/04 9:38 AM, in article
m, "Larry Bud"
wrote:

[...]

Matt Langenfeld

Backyard Renegade wrote:

Newbie wrote in message ...

[...]

Brian Blazer wrote:

On 1/2/04 9:38 AM, in article
m, "Larry Bud"
wrote:

[...]

steveb

Matt Langenfeld lifted the trapdoor, peered around
and wrote:

For the record, my sites are http://www.jem.e-boat.net/ and
http://www.jemwatercraft.com/ . I don't intend to keep repeating them
for advertising. Just wanted to clear up any misconceptions.

Thanks for your interest!

Matt Langenfeld
JEM Watercraft

You are perfectly entitled to keep mentioning them, there are
"conventions". Indeed, it may prove valuable to any one of us to know who
you are, in future ....

Try a signature file something like this:

Matt Langenfeld
Jem Watercraft
www.jem.e-boat.net short descrip
www.jemwatercraft.com short descrip

The above fulfils all the requirements for appropriate posting, and anyone
who complains is probably using AOL (or WebTV) ... hehe

steveb
--
It's a baby site but it will grow
www.thebrackenfamily.info

Matt Langenfeld

Thanks.

I'll give it a shot.

and wrote:

[...]

http://jem.e-boat.net/

Anchor Pulpit Construction orbital Boat Building 32 December 29th 03 05:51 AM
boat cover clamps jc General 3 December 22nd 03 11:54 PM
Just what is "All Stainless"?? Brian Whatcott Boat Building 11 August 20th 03 02:14 PM