Paul Proefrock

Default Can anyone identify this sailboat?

Bermuda Tourism is running an ad in major magazines that shows a woman
golfer in the center and a sail boat in each of the four corners.

The sailboat appears to be about a 30 foot keelboat, Green with blue bottom.
It has the lines of a 12 meter but obviously is smaller.

Can anyone identify what class it is?

Thanks

Paul P

Jeff Morris

Without seeing the picture I'd guess its an International One Design. Its
actually based on a 6-meter, and was originally used for a series of team races
between Bermuda and Long Island Sound.

http://www.marbleheadiod.com/

"Paul Proefrock" wrote in message
news
Bermuda Tourism is running an ad in major magazines that shows a woman
golfer in the center and a sail boat in each of the four corners.

The sailboat appears to be about a 30 foot keelboat, Green with blue bottom.
It has the lines of a 12 meter but obviously is smaller.

Can anyone identify what class it is?

Thanks

Paul P

Stephen Baker

Looking at the online version of the ad (I assume) at
http://www.bermudatourism.com/docs/index2.html
I would agree with Jeff - definitely along the lines of a 6m or IOD

Steve

Rodney Myrvaagnes

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 05:56:41 GMT, Jim Conlin
wrote:

Looks like an IOD to me. There is an active fleet there. There was a local
builder molding IOD's in fiberglass some years ago.

I guess glass is a good thing there. I crewed on an IOD in Bermuda in
1965 as sewer man (just picked up from the jetty near the RBYC).

The race went to St George and back. I had to pump bilge continuously
whenever we were close hauled as water poured between the planks.

As soon as we rounded a windward mark, the leaking would stop. I
wouldn't have given that boat 5 more years without a serious
restoration.

Rodney Myrvaagnes J36 Gjo/a

"In this house we _obey_ the laws of thermodynamics." --Homer Simpson

Surveyor for a sailboat den General 2 July 14th 04 06:40 AM
Catalina 22 1985 sailboat yacht for sale Loran Raul General 0 June 24th 04 09:20 AM
Any slips in Southern California for 43 foot sailboat? Jim General 7 June 4th 04 04:38 AM
D. A. Bamford Sailboat Information John General 4 November 29th 03 01:27 AM
Sailboat, 1999 Hunter 410, 41' Asking Price: $162,000 US Reduced from $174,000 US richlady Boat Building 0 July 25th 03 03:21 AM