den

Default Surveyor for a sailboat

I need a good surveyor for a 32' sailboat that I am about to make an offer
on. It is located in Dana Point, California. Anybody know of one?

Thanks in advance.

Dennis

Rod McInnis

"den" wrote in message
I need a good surveyor for a 32' sailboat that I am about to make an offer
on. It is located in Dana Point, California. Anybody know of one?

Can't make any recommendations myself, but here is a thought: Sometimes the
insurance company requires a survey from a surveyor on their "approved"
list. You might save yourself the cost of a second survey, or at least some
hassle, if you contact the insurance company first and get their list.

Another good way to get recommendations is to ask the repair yard that you
would use to haul the boat. If the repair yard is hungry for business then
it would be in their best interest to recommend a surveyor that would find
lots of needed repairs!

Rod McInnis

Calif Bill

Post this on the Private boaters board at
http://www.allcoastsportfishing.com/...dc/f/index.cgi There is a
surveyor that posts and is also recommended by the group.
Bill