posted to rec.boats.building
Lew Hodgett

Default Balsa deck core

Michiel wrote:
Hello,

I'm looking for a little bit of advise. This is more boat repair then
boat building, but I'm figuring you guys here would have the right
kind of knowledge.

At the beginning of the summer I bought a trailerable fiberglass
minicruiser (a 1983 Gloucester 20).

You are not going to like what I suggest, but here goes:

Scrap out the boat and get another one, hopefully in better condition.

You are dealing with a 20 ft, 22+ year old boat of modest cost.

The amount of time and material, especially time you invest will have a
value you will never be able to recover.

Trying to build up the deck by adding glass and resin will add a lot of
weight at the highest part of the hull.

Not a good idea.

Lew

deck hatches Nigel Boat Building 16 November 18th 05 02:43 AM
deck hatches Nigel Cruising 15 November 18th 05 02:43 AM
Poop Deck? Bob Crantz ASA 4 November 1st 05 07:57 PM