The Count

Default Diesel Engine

Looking for a one or two cylinder diesel to rebuild in diesel mechanics
class.
Robert Larder

Give us a clue- what continent are you on? :-)

"The Count" skrev i en meddelelse
Looking for a one or two cylinder diesel to rebuild in diesel mechanics
class.

Jacques Mertens

Easy to forget that this is a worldwide group . . .
I saw two small Yanmar's recently on eBay but also, those chinese aircooled
diesels sell new in Miami for around $ 500.00! No gear or anything but I
suppose they are rough for that price and could use some rebuilding
(deburring?) to start with.

Another good source are the local diesel engine dealers: they usually have
trade-ins sitting in the warehouse.

--
Jacques
http://www.bateau.com

"BruceM" wrote in message
Not near my nation's capital.

James Johnson

I have a Volvo MD1 from my project boat. What would it cost me for your class
to rebuild it? Even have a copy of the shop and owners manual that you could
use. I live in southern Maryland about 45 miles southeast of DC.

JJ

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:54:40 -0500, The Count wrote:

Looking for a one or two cylinder diesel to rebuild in diesel mechanics
class.

James Johnson
remove the "dot" from after sail in email address to reply
Lloyd Sumpter

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:54:40 +0000, The Count wrote:

Looking for a one or two cylinder diesel to rebuild in diesel mechanics class.

My experience is that small, marine diesels are VERY expensive - have you
considered VW Rabbit, Datsun/Nissan/Toyota/Mazda small truck engines? Around
here you can get an old diesel Rabbit for about $500.

Lloyd Sumpter