William R. Watt

Default more pump lore

I found a small 12v DC pump and mounting bracket at a
neighbourhood rummage sale for $2 in an unopend package which
still had the original $45.95 price on it. I thought it was a
great bargain galley pump (it says its from B&B Trailer Supplies)
for someone's cruiser and a surefire chick magnet. A galley pump you
don't have to pump yourself must be right up there with a hot
shower as an attraction to women. So I bought it and posted for
sale on our local sailing newsgroup letting potential buyers name
their own price. Nobody showed any interest. It just goes to
demonstrate sailors don't really understand women, or maybe our
local sailors just aren't interested. Sailboats, most of the ones
on local moorings are trailer sailers with cabins, are bought to
impress somebody. Makes you wonder who the locals are trying to
impress.
homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm
Ron Thornton

William,

If it is positive displacement use it to pump your bilge and get
everything except the hose out of the water.

Regards, Ron