otnmbrd

Default Jet Ski overheating problem

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
.net...

"otnmbrd" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
ink.net...

Planet Earth. And I am not a sailboater, so know I do not have the
"right of way" over large ships.

Mebbe, mebbe not.

otn

Who has "right of way"?

Technically, the term "right of way" is wrong (exception noted), but to be
honest, who is "stand on" and who is "give way" depends on the
circumstances.
EG Then again, if I was on a ship and you were buzzing around me on a PWC
.......... depends on the circumstances...............

otn

Bill McKee

"Scotty" wrote in message

"Bill McKee" wrote

Who has "right of way"?

No one.

Bingo!

Bill McKee

"Peter Wiley" wrote in message
. ..
In article et,
otnmbrd wrote:

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
.net...

"otnmbrd" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
ink.net...

Planet Earth. And I am not a sailboater, so know I do not have the
"right of way" over large ships.

Mebbe, mebbe not.

otn

Who has "right of way"?

Technically, the term "right of way" is wrong (exception noted), but to
be
honest, who is "stand on" and who is "give way" depends on the
circumstances.
EG Then again, if I was on a ship and you were buzzing around me on a
PWC
......... depends on the circumstances...............

Yeah - what your minimum turning radius on full power was.....

PDW

Yup, you attack a jetski, try to run it over or point a gun at it and
someone has video. Say goodby to your boat, your house, your investments.

Terry Spragg

Bill McKee wrote:

"Peter Wiley" wrote in message
. ..

In article et,
otnmbrd wrote:

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
ink.net...

"otnmbrd" wrote in message
thlink.net...

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
arthlink.net...

Planet Earth. And I am not a sailboater, so know I do not have the
"right of way" over large ships.

Mebbe, mebbe not.

otn

Who has "right of way"?

Technically, the term "right of way" is wrong (exception noted), but to
be
honest, who is "stand on" and who is "give way" depends on the
circumstances.
EG Then again, if I was on a ship and you were buzzing around me on a
PWC
......... depends on the circumstances...............

Yeah - what your minimum turning radius on full power was.....

PDW

Yup, you attack a jetski, try to run it over or point a gun at it and
someone has video. Say goodby to your boat, your house, your investments.

Video on a jetski? Fat chance, and the video we get will be of a
mosquito running into our bow eye, and then dissapearing below the
waves. The tape will probably follow.

A sail boat cannot catch or get away from a jetski, and a dog would
do better to not catch a car.

Harrassment is harrassment. Why do you think we have a requirement
for boat licenses, now?

PWCs is why, and stupid PWC drivers.

Old sailors know how to stay away from tankers, mostley. How do you
think they got old? Tankers don't bother reporting smashed
sailboats, or PWCs, even if they do notice. Got the picture?

As Red Green says "Keep your stick on the ice." As I say, "Don't
tug on Superman's cape, and don't mess around with Jim."

Your widow will have to explain your stupidity to substantiate and
justify her claim for your rightfully lost income. My insurance will
probably cover it. Go ahead, be an ass hole.

Don't, for heavan's sake, even consider taking your smart pills. I
tell you this in the hope you will stubbornly and stupidly disobey
me, for your own good. We all love you, honest.

If you run between a sailboat and a side channel, the sailboat has
the right to turn from the main to the side channel, when and how
appropriate, considering currents and shallows and winds local to
the sailboat, of which you are probably completely unaware, and you
better keep out of the way, well clear overtaking, auxiliary engine
charging batteries or not. The wind steers a sailboat, and if you
can't undersand that, you will wind up in the Darwin Award list,
along with all the other mental midgets. Food for sea worms, Billy.
Right, or just dead right, it probably won't matter much to me.

An auxiliary engine in a sail boat cannot propel or control the boat
in the same way as do the sails in a wind. Engine on idle and
neutral, charging a radio battery, or running full blast foreward to
assist navigating a boat in the teeth of a gust, the sailor is
struggling with the wind, stealing a free ride for pleasure, and you
are not allowed to choose to try to slide by close and fast,
unconcious in the hope that nothing untoward will happen. A
sailboat's auxiliary engine may have 15 HP, but the wind has
thousands of wild horesepower available. As Captain of your vessel,
you are expected to undertand the realities of maritime navigation,
deep or shallow, sail and power, flying fish, whale, deadhead or
pedestrian swimmer / survivor. It is your responsibility to
undertand and act appropriately to avoid a collision if at all
possible, right or wrong, now and well in advance. The Logic Of The
Universe will prevail. Disobey Poseidon and die. Die anyway.

Dead or alive, sailboats have the right to essentially ignore most
pleasure power boats. Most of us would never purpously fly into
cumulus granitus, staute or mobile, afloat or sunk. Try it before
you decry it.

Oh, I give up. Common sense isn't, and as a Samurai up against the
impossible, for relief, I invoke Godwin's law. You are a nazi
asshole, you are, and an insistant and stubborn, stupid, bullet
headed one, to boot. I quit. I didn't care, anyway. What's one more
or less PWC?

Walk the plank. Kiss the gunner's mate. Suck the ocean. Feed the
fish. Marry Davey Jones. Say "Goodbye, Yank." H'Ri-Kiri would be
such a relief, please try it.

But at least it was on topic! Buy me a saki, you foreign devil, you;-)

NI!

Terry K

Jeff

Bill McKee wrote:

Yup, you attack a jetski, try to run it over or point a gun at it and
someone has video. Say goodby to your boat, your house, your investments.

Actually there was such a case in Maine a few years ago. The judge
threw it out and the CG lost a lot of respect from the boating
community. The sailor ended up with probation for "illegal storage."

Why do you think we have a requirement
for boat licenses, now?

We do? Who does? Where? (Seriously, I missed that.)

PWCs is why, and stupid PWC drivers.

Well, I know that we non-stupid ones have campaigned
successfully for mandatory education and certification for pwc
operators, the results have been terrific (lower accident and injury
statistics in the states that have these laws now, and better-informed,
less-clueless newbies on the water, plus far fewer renters which
are the source of a a huge proportion of pwc problems)....and that
we also support and campaign for (less successfully so far) similar
requirements
for all other boaters as well for the same reasons.

So, where is the boat licensing requirement in effect - and don't you
think
it's a good idea? Seems like a no-brainer to me.

richforman

posted to rec.boats,alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Bill McKee

"Terry Spragg" wrote in message
.. .
Bill McKee wrote:

"Peter Wiley" wrote in message
. ..

In article et,
otnmbrd wrote:

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
link.net...

"otnmbrd" wrote in message
rthlink.net...

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
. earthlink.net...

[...]

Was on topic, but sailboats can not turn as wanted, the rest of the world be
damned.

posted to rec.boats,alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Scotty

"Bill McKee" wrote
sailboats can not turn as wanted, the rest of the world be
damned.

Bill's rule #132.43 ?

Bill McKee wrote:

Was on topic, but sailboats can not turn as wanted, the rest of the world be
damned.

And yet, you claim the right to pass within a few feet of a boat doing
30 mph, the rest of the world be damned. Would you care to tell us
the turning radius of your boat at that speed, or how how well you can
control it if you release the throttle?