Jim

Default Jet Ski overheating problem

This guy does not ask real questions.

Nomen Nescio wrote:

"

Yes. You need to take your jet ski to an acid dip facility
and leave it in over night. Encourage your friends to do
the same.

This is hateful, childish, and just plain mean spirited.

There is NO place for this kind of behavior here, or anywhere
else that may be connected with sailing, cruising, or water
sports.

A fellow mariner asked a legitimate question, to which you
chose to respond in a snide and insulting way. Just because
you don't like his choice of vessel, you think you have the
right to be dismissive and rude. That is plain wrong.

I'm appalled and ashamed (for you) that you would act this
way. You are the kind that gives the rest of us a bad reputation.

-

Hoo hee yourself, I promise you that we pwc owners and enthusiasts are
every bit
as much boaters as you, probably more so.

richforman

ladysailor

I have no sympathy for the jet ski enthustiast. Too many times I've
been in a tight situation on a sail boat when these dick heads think
it's funny to ride doughnuts around us. Not to mention the times we've
been at anchor and they scream around our boat just to get a rise out
of our little dog who hates the noise they make.

I'm with the dog, I don't like the noise either!

Lady Sailor

John

Not to mention the times we've
been at anchor and they scream around our boat just to get a rise out

of our little dog who hates the noise they make.

Are you really that self centered to think that other people really
give a **** about your dog's reaction? You can't be serious.

Butch Davis

You miss the point, John. It's not about the dog... it's about a few (maybe
more than a few) jet ski operators who delight in harrasing a woman and her
dog. Generally the people on jet skis are kids and pretty mindless. The
high pitched noise made by some of these things probably cause the dog a lot
of pain and it reacts by barking at the things that are hurting it.

Also, you may be surprised to know that dogs and boating are a pretty nice
combination. A lot of boaters take their dogs along for the companionship
and because a lot of dogs really enjoy a boat ride and a day out with the
owner.

Speaking for myself, I like most dogs a lot more than I like most jet ski
operators. The dogs seem to be smarter and better behaved.

Butch
"John" wrote in message
oups.com...
Not to mention the times we've
been at anchor and they scream around our boat just to get a rise out

of our little dog who hates the noise they make.

Are you really that self centered to think that other people really
give a **** about your dog's reaction? You can't be serious.

ladysailor

Are you really that self centered to think that other people really
give a **** about your dog's reaction? You can't be serious.

Your post is classic John. A perfect window into the mind of a jet ski
operator.

Barb
www.sailinglinks.com

frosty

Butch Davis wrote:
You miss the point, John. It's not about the dog... it's about a few
(maybe more than a few) jet ski operators who delight in harrasing a
woman and her dog. Generally the people on jet skis are kids and
pretty mindless. The high pitched noise made by some of these things
probably cause the dog a lot of pain and it reacts by barking at the
things that are hurting it.
Also, you may be surprised to know that dogs and boating are a pretty
nice combination. A lot of boaters take their dogs along for the
companionship and because a lot of dogs really enjoy a boat ride and
a day out with the owner.

Speaking for myself, I like most dogs a lot more than I like most jet
ski operators. The dogs seem to be smarter and better behaved.

Speaking as a boater, with dogs, who also owns three PWC... I agree.

--
frosty

But it's true Scotty, I don't know why I'm letting you engage me in
this stupid discussion, slow day at work I guess, but I can tell you,
I've been riding pwc's full time for eight years now and know I'm as
much of a boater as anyone else out there on the water, and so are my
many very experienced, capable pwcing friends (many of whom have bigger
boats as well)....with a lot of the same issues, responsibilities,
interests, concerns, and passions, as anybody in a bigger boat. What
I've noticed and must tell myself to keep in mind, is that I pretty
much never get this kind of obnoxious, elitist, prejudiced, smug,
superior anti-pwc attitude from any fellow boaters that I actually
encounter out on the water, on the beaches, at the docks, at boating
safety classes, etc.....only from usenet assholes......I always feel
like a welcome member of the boating community just like anybody else
on the water, except on boating newsgroups. Sure, sometimes they're
surprised to see us at different places out there, like crossing over
to Block Island from Montauk or cruising the Hudson River in our dry
suits in 50-degree temperatures this last weekend, but pretty much
always friendly and respectful.

richforman