Default west or system3 ?

I'm working on a cedar laminated pramm . I need to make some repairs ,
witch is better west or the system 3 ?
need to replace some of the glass on 4 0r 5 inch spot or so, after a
small crack an the haul caused by a careless "bayliner" in my marina.
the boat glassed outside and epoxy inside and i would like to keep it
that way that is why important what system would give me the best
structural support.Iwould welcome some pointers , or advice
thank you

P.C. Ford

On 11 Oct 2005 11:05:48 -0700, "
wrote:

I'm working on a cedar laminated pramm . I need to make some repairs ,
witch is better west or the system 3 ?
need to replace some of the glass on 4 0r 5 inch spot or so, after a
small crack an the haul caused by a careless "bayliner" in my marina.
the boat glassed outside and epoxy inside and i would like to keep it
that way that is why important what system would give me the best
structural support.Iwould welcome some pointers , or advice
thank you

Both are fine. I use System 3 because their office used to be around
the corner from my shop.

Glenn Ashmore

I don't think you will notice any difference. I think the SystemThree is
slightly thicker than West 105 but not enough to matter.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm working on a cedar laminated pramm . I need to make some repairs ,
witch is better west or the system 3 ?
need to replace some of the glass on 4 0r 5 inch spot or so, after a
small crack an the haul caused by a careless "bayliner" in my marina.
the boat glassed outside and epoxy inside and i would like to keep it
that way that is why important what system would give me the best
structural support.Iwould welcome some pointers , or advice
thank you

Brian D

System III is slightly clearer and slightly more flexible. WEST is slightly
harder and has a bit more amber to it. Note that color depends highly on
how long your hardener's been sitting around too, so don't use this all by
itself as a decision making factor. I've used both, but seem to be pretty
much a S-III guy now. Part of that is due to the anti-yachty-wood-rubbing
crowd attitude that I have though. Don't like Volvo's either...

Brian D

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm working on a cedar laminated pramm . I need to make some repairs ,
witch is better west or the system 3 ?
need to replace some of the glass on 4 0r 5 inch spot or so, after a
small crack an the haul caused by a careless "bayliner" in my marina.
the boat glassed outside and epoxy inside and i would like to keep it
that way that is why important what system would give me the best
structural support.Iwould welcome some pointers , or advice
thank you

Jim Conlin

Both are good products whose makers do a good job of supporting and guiding
users. The differences in the product and the cost are negligible. Pick
what's available in your favorite distribution channel. You will continuue
to use and will buy more.

"Brian D" wrote in message
System III is slightly clearer and slightly more flexible. WEST is

slightly
harder and has a bit more amber to it. Note that color depends highly on
how long your hardener's been sitting around too, so don't use this all by
itself as a decision making factor. I've used both, but seem to be pretty
much a S-III guy now. Part of that is due to the anti-yachty-wood-rubbing
crowd attitude that I have though. Don't like Volvo's either...

Brian D

oups.com...