John Wright

Default 30' Steel Sloop

Hi

Before I consider building a steel cruiser, I have the chance to purchase a
30' steel sloop for a reasonable price. The boat was built in 1960, has a
wooden coach house, wooden mast/boom, no shore power and has only seen fresh
water. Haven't seen the boat up close yet.

Questions a

1. Would the hull be ready for the bone yard at this time (40 years old)?

2. Do 30 foot steel sloops have the ability to sail ok?

3. What are the pros-cons of multi-chine vs rounded chine ? The 30 footer
has a multi-chine.

Thank for any constructive feedback and yes I have surfed the net
extensively to answers for these questions.

Cheers

Skippy Jimmy Joe