Jacques Mertens

Default Book about structural design ?

Others suggested good books but forgot the best:
"Designing for Power and Sail" by Arthur Edmunds.

It gives basic rules with formulas and all you need to start doing your own
calculations.
BTW: the laws of mechanic applies the same way to all materials including
stitch and glue, only the material properties change but the rules stay the
same.

Maybe you asked for rule of thumb scantlings? Then see H. Chappelle.

--
Jacques
http://www.bateau.com

"VG" wrote in message
With at least some lines dealing with displacement (ie non planning)
powerboats in plywood (classical, not stich and glue) , length 30'.

subsidary question :
Does "Guide for building and classing Motor Pleasure Yachts" from ABS

deals
with above powerboats ? Or other regulations 'Lloyds ???)

Thanks for using your time to answer.