Dave W

Default Repairing plastic/polyethylene boats

Poly can be repaired with epoxy but only if you are very careful and follow
the WEST directions carefully.
"Ignoramus32317" wrote in message
In addition to my 21 ft boat, I recently found a 4x8 plastic boat that
someone put out as garbage. It is kind of doublehulled and seems to be
made of high density polyethylene (HDPE), like plastic buckets. I am
delighted because I can use this boat on some little lakes nearby.

It seems super safe (double hull) and super stable.

It does have however a few small cracks in the hull that need
repair. What is the right way to repair HDPE? Can I use glue guns with
hot melt glue?