Niclas Flatholm

Default Sabb Diesel 8 hp

We recently bought a used Sabb Diesel with 8 hp (build early 1970).
The engine is very easy to start and runs like a charm, but there is
an annoying "noice" that is a little bit worrying. The noice seem to
be related with the transmission as it's not heard when the
transmission is disconnected. The sound is not there always and seems
to dissapear (maybe because it's impossible to hear it with more
throttle. Anyone that had similiar experiences with this type of
engine(s)?

Best Regards
Niclas
Steintjern

May be it is a dumb question, but have you checked for lubricant in the
gear/coupling? The same type of motoroil is requiered as in the motor
itself.
GAW
"Niclas Flatholm" skrev i melding
m...
We recently bought a used Sabb Diesel with 8 hp (build early 1970).
The engine is very easy to start and runs like a charm, but there is
an annoying "noice" that is a little bit worrying. The noice seem to
be related with the transmission as it's not heard when the
transmission is disconnected. The sound is not there always and seems
to dissapear (maybe because it's impossible to hear it with more
throttle. Anyone that had similiar experiences with this type of
engine(s)?

Best Regards
Niclas

Niclas Flatholm

"Steintjern" wrote in message ...
May be it is a dumb question, but have you checked for lubricant in the
gear/coupling? The same type of motoroil is requiered as in the motor
itself.
GAW
"Niclas Flatholm" skrev i melding
m...
We recently bought a used Sabb Diesel with 8 hp (build early 1970).
The engine is very easy to start and runs like a charm, but there is
an annoying "noice" that is a little bit worrying. The noice seem to
be related with the transmission as it's not heard when the
transmission is disconnected. The sound is not there always and seems
to dissapear (maybe because it's impossible to hear it with more
throttle. Anyone that had similiar experiences with this type of
engine(s)?

Best Regards
Niclas

Thanks for your answer.
Niclas
Niclas Flatholm

"P.C." wrote in message . dk...
Hi

"Steintjern" skrev i en meddelelse
. The sound is not there always and seems
to dissapear (maybe because it's impossible to hear it with more
throttle. Anyone that had similiar experiences with this type of
engine(s)?

Best Regards
Niclas

Now Sabb that types , came as with tradisional gear or variable pitch propellor.
What type is your's ?
Is the sound when propellor is on, your engine could be out of line. If the
engine is out of line a bearing could be worn, case pitch propellor , there are
a coupling that could be adjusted wrong, maby the propellor sharft is bended or
a blade is dameaged.
P.C.

Thank's for your answer! I think it's a variable pitch propellor (the
blades are removable). We had an expert (and I MEAN expert ;-))
helping us installing the engine into our boat (a small oak fishing
boat). Previously we had a Volvo Penta MD1, so he had to construct a
brand new engine bed (which led to improved stability etc). From what
I saw and understand the engine line couldn't get much better than it
is now. The sound is mainly when driving forward at less velocities.

Best Regards
Niclas

UK red diesel costs. Ken Baker General 0 May 25th 04 02:40 PM
Diesel Fuel Decontamination Units Give Stored Fuel Longer Life. John T. Nightingale General 6 February 20th 04 02:28 PM
Diesel Engine Sounds Lloyd Sumpter General 6 January 30th 04 08:51 AM
Why Ficht failed no1 K Smith General 53 January 26th 04 07:46 PM
Emergency diesel shutdown Gould 0738 General 72 December 21st 03 08:08 PM