Voltaic

Default hobie hull repair

i was wondering if anyone knows of a good guide/book/webpage for repairing
softspots on hobie cat hulls. it has damage over most of the front part of
the hull, so i dont think the o'l fill 'er up with epoxy method will work
here. if anyone can help me i would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks guys!
Sam
Russ B

I read on one of the catamaran webistes about someone using the canned foam
from the home improvement stores. Try a search on
http://www.catsailor.com/forums/post...&Board=Hobie16 . One thing
about the one-part canned "Great Stuff" brand foam-it will not cure properly
if it's not exposed to air or if it is applied in large volumes. It's also
expensive!. I tried to use it to build up a support for a motorcycle engine
that was to be shipped Fed-Ex. I attempted to fill some plastic bags to keep
it from sticking to the motor...several days later it was still a gooey
mess.

I am about to adopt an orphan H-14 that has soft hulls and experiment on it
to see if I can stiffen it up using a two-part urethane foam and lightly
pressurizing the hull to try and force the inner layer of glass back against
the foam. Don't know if it will work, but it seems feasible.

On another note...I see from your e-amil address that you're a Sooner. Where
do you sail? I'm looking for a good place on Texoma, but can't find any
areas on the TX side that aren't either rocks or cliffs! Know of any good
beaches on Texoma?

RB