Scott Downey

Default Inexpensive dock lines from canada...

My lines also can get quite stiff after several seasons.
I have heard they can be washed in the washing machine
Never tried it.
I enjoy splicing three strand nylon, it is a chalenge to get started but
once you get going, the pattern is easy to follow.

"Bill Gough" wrote in message
On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:34:36 GMT, Terry Spragg
wrote:

Bill Gough wrote:

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 20:40:00 -0700, "Jack Rye"
wrote:

A double braid of high tenacity nylon fiber. This firm but flexible

product
maximizes wet wear life and strength due to the Pro-Gard Marine

Finish. It
does not shrink harden during service and maintains full performance
flexibility for handling. The best wet wearing double braid nylon rope

in
our inventory. Primary uses are mooring lines, dock lines & tow lines.
Conforms to U.S. mil. Spec. Mil-R-24050C, Canadian spec. 40-GP-16M

Type
1/MOT, and NATO class 4020 Supp. 1972. Size 1/4" to 1-1/2" if this is

what
you are looking for then go to
http://www.impmarine.com

In my 24 yrs deck dept experience in the U.S. Navy I never ran across
nylon line of any type that would not harden with time, the above
sales hype notwithstanding. The average working life of nylon used in
mooring of small craft was about three years before abrasion and or
hardening of the line rendered it unserviceable and i can assure you
we used all milspec line, we were not allowed to order anything else.

Jack still sailing the Pacific

Too much work to brush off the lichen? My nylon and dacron lines
are still sleek, what with an occasional bend to shake out
lichen. Excercise is good. 10 years, now.

The lines were not just brushed but cleaned with mild detergent
according to a strict maintenance schedule, try again.

Boats tied up with Poly lines escape. No good for halyards,
either.

UV proof poly? Floats?

Terry K

"T.C. Monson" wrote in message
.. .
Was it on these groups that someone posted a source for

high-quality,
double braid dock lines for a good price from somewhere in Canada?
Could you re-post please? I've googled to no avail.

Thanks,

Tom

A Commodores Meanderings RGrew176 General 1 July 22nd 04 10:47 AM
Cleaning lines (ropes to the lubbers!) Lloyd Sumpter General 23 March 16th 04 10:38 PM
How to use mooring whips? JS General 4 July 13th 03 11:24 PM
Inexpensive dock lines from canada... e-f-s General 0 July 3rd 03 01:11 AM