Default Card boardboat race.

My shop teacher was saying something about a cardboard boat race on the
California river in July. A friend I want to enter but a google search;
"California river" "cardboard boat" only returns 2 results, neither has
any usefull information. Can anybody tell me more about this contest?
and if not, are there any other cardboard boat competitions in southern
California?

frosty

My shop teacher was saying something about a cardboard boat race on
the California river in July. A friend I want to enter but a google
search; "California river" "cardboard boat" only returns 2 results,
neither has any usefull information. Can anybody tell me more about
this contest? and if not, are there any other cardboard boat
competitions in southern California?

Use groups.google.com, not
www.google.com, and search this newsgroup.
A few threads toward the beginning of this month, with subjects
"Cardboard boat results"
"Cardboard pics" and the like... just use "cardboard" as your search
keyword.

Some of the posts were binary posts (in error) to a text-only newsgroup;
your
news server's mileage may vary (i.e. you might not see them at all.) But
the
other threads should pop up.

--
frosty

Dave Allyn

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 17:43:16 -0700, "frosty"

[...]

Opps. again, sorry about that Binary stuff. Anyway, here is a link
to the pictures of the boat race I ran in on labor day weekend.

http://tinyurl.com/94gaj

This contest was a bit differant than some of them I've seen on the
web. there was no paint allowed, and you had to build it there. they
gave us two sheets of cardboard 8ft by 5ft and a sheet of plastic for
waterproofing that was about 10 x 10. they also gave us one roll of
duct tape. no other supplies were allowed, save markers for
decoration.

My boat did not do well. It was too narrow to be stable, and not
strong enough. it folded up around me. oops.. Good learning, and
hope to do better next year!

email: dave-afo at mchsi dot com

please respond in this NG so others
can share your wisdom as well!