Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Toller

"William R. Watt" wrote in message

.. I must have made it
thinner than I intended; but since oak is also 50% stronger than
mahogany,
that shouldn't matter.

maybe, maybe not. if it's too thin for the slot it can vibrate while
sailing. you can always build it up with a fibreglass coating to make it
fit better. with wood you can always take more off, but you can't put it
back on. that's what fibreglass is for, although it makes the product
heavier.

I was thinking that myself, but I am unsure about the technique. I have
done fiberglassing, but not on something like that.
Would it be reasonable to staple the glass in place, and then apply the
epoxy; while working on waxed paper?