dh@.

Default squeaky outdrive question, Regal 2150

Hi,

I have a friend who has a Regal 2150. When she turns
the wheel the outdrive squeaks as it moves from one
side to the other. It's not a real shrill sound like metal
on metal. It looks like there may be some type of rubber
guard down there, and maybe it's rubbing against that?
Is anyone familiar with this?

Brian Whatcott

On Sat, 21 May 2005 12:31:30 -0400, dh@. wrote:

Hi,

I have a friend who has a Regal 2150. When she turns
the wheel the outdrive squeaks as it moves from one
side to the other. It's not a real shrill sound like metal
on metal. It looks like there may be some type of rubber
guard down there, and maybe it's rubbing against that?
Is anyone familiar with this?

Dont start spraying oil or grease around.Things can get worse, fast,
if you do that. You might could do this:

Look carefully for any grease nipples. Use marine grease liberally,
then wipe off. If there are metal sliding tubes (like the usual
outboard steering gear) wipe clean with solvent, then operate the
steering end to end, and if the surface gets dirty again, repeat until
it stays clean. This may take a while.
Source some dry lubricant. (Usually a teflon particle suspension)
and spray this ad-lib.

Look at the steering wheel boss. Spray, or even better, dismantle
clean and spray - but this may be too tough to implement.

That's it.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK
Tim

if it has power stearing, it may be actually in the pump. you might
check the fluid level and see if it's burnt smelling, or smells like
old rubber tires.

if so, you might need it flushed.

Tim

Harry.Krause

On Sat, 21 May 2005 12:31:30 -0400, dh@. wrote:

Hi,

I have a friend who has a Regal 2150.

I had one of these as a young man.

Now I have a 36' Zimmerman, and a long driveway.

Me and the wife
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/harkra...bum?.dir=/1323

K. Smith

Harry.Krause wrote:
On Sat, 21 May 2005 12:31:30 -0400, dh@. wrote:

Hi,

I have a friend who has a Regal 2150.

I had one of these as a young man.

Now I have a 36' Zimmerman, and a long driveway.

Me and the wife
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/harkra...bum?.dir=/1323

Nice parody Krause thanks:-) you forgot the imaginary "Parker" he goes
out on as a paying passenger (least I hope he's paying & can prove it
when the audit happens??)

Thanks for you efforts always get a giggle. The longer the drive claim
the shorter the .................

So the Krause lie of the day is a bit long, apologies:-) but has a good
story attached to it.

Firstly the lying idiot claimed his wife was a big time medical
professional multi doctorates etc etc etc of course just like all his
boat ownership claims it was just lies, apparently she really is a
social worker which is a good honourable profession in itself, not good
enough for Krause's lies of course.

Anyway we had a nice actual boat owner in rec boats Krause was trying
to chase away because he wouldn't kowtow to the bully. Krause made this
complex detailed lie up, pretending he'd been the victim of offensive
phone calls, read it if you want to see the mentally ill at their
delusional worst:-)

Of course Krause never actually mentioned the culprit but Mark as it
turned out actually worked in law enforcement & called the lying idiot's
bluff, indeed Mark was well ****ed that cowardly lying Krause would try
to besmirch his name even by inference.

The liar went very quiet when called as most lying cowards do:-)

1. The address listed is not a home address. It is an office.

2. I have three phone numbers. The phone number listed is not
one of
mine. It has never been one of mine. The phone number *did*
belong to an
after-hours message recording hotline my wife maintained for her
most
mentally disturbed patients. Some of these troubled souls were
court-ordered referrals. *Every* call to that phone number--every
call--was recorded AND because of the nature of the line, my
wife had
the ability to alert the telephone company to trace the phone
number of
every incoming call to that line, *even* if the person making
the call
tried to block his number.

Why, you might ask? Because when you are dealing with suicidal
people,
they'll liable to tell their therapist over the phone that

they are
planning to take their life. If the therapist believes the
threat is
real, she or he will want to dispatch emergency srvices and
perhaps the
police.

In the years my wife has provided this pro bono service, she has
never
received a threatening or abusive call from a mentally ill
patient or
court-ordered referral. However, after the ranking Flaming Ass
of this
newsgroup posted the hotline number in this newsgroup, she
received a
number of abusive, foul-mouthed AND life-threatening calls.
These were
mostly directed at me but, of course, I never received them

BECAUSE
(duh!) the phone is not mine and I've never answered it.
Naturally, my wife alerted the authorities, with whom she works
closely
because of her court-referred patients. The authorities are
investigating the callers and have involved both the FBI *and*
authorities in other states, including Florida, Georgia,
California and
Texas. Working with the telephone company, the authorities have
been
able to trace the origin of virtually every abusive call. And, of
course, they have the tape recordings of the abusive messages.
Several
suspects have been identified. I really don't know what the
outcome of
all this will be. We haven't had an update in several weeks, nor
are
either of us here that interested in the sleazeballs that would
make
such calls.

The phone number, of course, is "wired," so when the obnoxious
calls came in
from the idiot rec.boaters, the numbers were easy enough to
trace. The local
police handled a complaint, the local telco was involved and
when it was
discovered the point of origin was out of state, the FBI got
involved. At
least one of the idiots was caught and prosecuted. As far as I
can tell, he
has not posted here again