First polytarp sail is finished. Instead of the sleeve type design I
used for the visqueen sails, this has grommets along the foot and luff
through which I put cable ties around the spar. It looks fairly good.
Began work on second sail but on this one I had my son's help so only
1/3 way done, I already know it is much better. Applying the tape is a
problem by yourself as the material has wrinkles that need to be
straightened as it is applied and a second pair of hands really helps.

2nd poloytarp sail is finiished and I installed the spars with sail on
the boat while it was on the sawhorses. It appears as if there is too
much body even though I gave this one less than the first. Maybe these
sails do need to be cut flat. The proof will be in the sailing on
Saturday.

Jonathan Willard

To paraphrase Garrison Keillor, all a twelve step program needs is an eleven
step dock.

Jonathan

Been there, done that.

rotating sprit sail William R. Watt Cruising 0 September 2nd 04 09:16 PM
Q: sail design and keel Morgan Ohlson Boat Building 5 August 25th 04 08:38 PM
SAILING GROUNDS Capt. Mooron ASA 135 July 4th 04 05:52 PM
tyvek (long) William R. Watt Boat Building 2 June 30th 04 05:09 AM
The future of yacht design - 10 myths scotched Frank ASA 0 June 28th 04 02:42 PM