Tom

Default How do I tell what year Raritan PHII?

I have a Raritan PHII in my boat. In buying a spare parts kit, there
is one kit for PHII's made before '92 or so and another kit for those
made after. There are no markings at all that I can find on my head.
Anyone know how to tell?

Thanks,

Tom
Peggie Hall

Tom wrote:
I have a Raritan PHII in my boat. In buying a spare parts kit, there
is one kit for PHII's made before '92 or so and another kit for those
made after. There are no markings at all that I can find on my head.
Anyone know how to tell?

You'll have to open up the pump and look at the piston shaft seal. The
seal in the newer version (after 6/92) uses a screw- in cartridge
whereas the earlier version (pre-6/92) used a "U" cup seal that was held
in place by a snap ring. Each has its own unique repair kit. The kit for
the pre-6/92 version uses repair kit PHRKII. Post-6/92 needs kit
PHRKIIC.

If you need a drawing to figure out what's in there, you can download
one for the later version here (go to "exploded parts view" on left of
page): http://www.raritaneng.com/products/t...nual/ph_2.html

If the toilet pre-dates 1981, it's not a PH II...it's a PH. The way to
know that is easy: the PH II had a metal wet/dry knob...the one on the
PH II is white plastic....and it would have made a lot of folks' lives
easier if they'd changed the color of that knob when they modified the
PH II in '92.

--
Peggie