networkin

Default Aluminum Hull Cleaner's

I have a 1965 Alumacraft in great condition except for the oxidation of the
hull. I dread the thought of having paste compounds and a buffing wheel is
there any other ways to achieve this project or is elbow grease the only
way?
Regards,
Ronnie

Don Dando

ZEP Chemical Company makes an acid based aluminum cleaner that is used to
clean 18 wheeler trailers. It leaves a uniform frosted appearance. If you
want bright & shinny try auto rubbing compound and a bussing wheel.

"networkin" wrote in message
. ..
I have a 1965 Alumacraft in great condition except for the oxidation of

the
hull. I dread the thought of having paste compounds and a buffing wheel is
there any other ways to achieve this project or is elbow grease the only
way?
Regards,
Ronnie

Old Nick

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 13:37:21 GMT, "networkin"
wrote something
.......and in reply I say!:

Alu hull cleaner's what?

Feet? Formula?
************************************************** ****************************************
Whenever you have to prove to yourself that you are
not something, you probably are.

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music

!!
")
_/ )
( )
_//- \__/
wtf

Don Dando wrote:
ZEP Chemical Company makes an acid based aluminum cleaner that is

used to
clean 18 wheeler trailers. It leaves a uniform frosted appearance.

If you
want bright & shinny try auto rubbing compound and a bussing wheel.

"networkin" wrote in message
. ..
I have a 1965 Alumacraft in great condition except for the

oxidation of
the
hull. I dread the thought of having paste compounds and a buffing

wheel is
there any other ways to achieve this project or is elbow grease the

only
way?
Regards,
Ronnie

The stuff was called Alumbrite, by... hummm. I don't remember. Anyway,
you are right about the dull finish it leaves. It is a type of etching
compound basically, but really cleans aluminum well. We used to use it
to wash tractors like you said, we used to wear a suit, glasses and
skin protection as it left a "sunburn" where it contacted skin. We also
had to be very careful where we used it, and definately NOT anywhere
where it might run off into living ecosystems..
Scotty