MMC

wtf,
Would this be a good etching for aluminum you want to paint?
MMC

"wtf" wrote in message
oups.com...

Don Dando wrote:
ZEP Chemical Company makes an acid based aluminum cleaner that is

used to
clean 18 wheeler trailers. It leaves a uniform frosted appearance.

If you
want bright & shinny try auto rubbing compound and a bussing wheel.

"networkin" wrote in message
. ..
I have a 1965 Alumacraft in great condition except for the

oxidation of
the
hull. I dread the thought of having paste compounds and a buffing

wheel is
there any other ways to achieve this project or is elbow grease the

only
way?
Regards,
Ronnie

The stuff was called Alumbrite, by... hummm. I don't remember. Anyway,
you are right about the dull finish it leaves. It is a type of etching
compound basically, but really cleans aluminum well. We used to use it
to wash tractors like you said, we used to wear a suit, glasses and
skin protection as it left a "sunburn" where it contacted skin. We also
had to be very careful where we used it, and definately NOT anywhere
where it might run off into living ecosystems..
Scotty