nafod40

Default Good Place to Buy Okuome Plywood in Central PA?

Getting ready to start building a Core Sound 20, and thought I'd pulse
the system to see if off hand anyone knows of a good place to purchase
Okuome in Central PA. This is not exactly boatbuilding central up here,
but thought I'd ask.

Roger Derby

Four years ago I had a very satisfactory transaction with Boulter Plywood
for 120 some sheets of Okume. They were the lowest delivered cost (to
Southern Indiana). http://www.boulterplywood.com/

Roger

http://derbyrm.mystarband.net/default.htm

"nafod40" wrote in message
Getting ready to start building a Core Sound 20, and thought I'd pulse the
system to see if off hand anyone knows of a good place to purchase Okuome
in Central PA. This is not exactly boatbuilding central up here, but
thought I'd ask.

mason

Hey, good choice of a boat to build. I just heard from somebody in
Australia who had one built and sent to him. Am trying to get orders
for Birdwatchers myself but would love to build one of Graham's boats
mainly because somehow he draws excellent sailers. I often get plywood
from Boulter, too, but my son Reuben Smith (tumblehomeboatworks.com)
claims to have a better source. I'm thinking it's Maine Coast Supply,
if there is such a thing. Check with Reuben. I'll be buying a pile of
oukoume soon, myself, for Birdwatchers I hope. Mason Smith,
www.adirondackgoodboat.com

Glenn Ashmore

If you have an extra day and a pickup, it would be worth it to run down to
Baltimore to Harbor Sales. They sell $hellman okoume but also an Israeli
BS1088 for the best price I could find anywhere. Unfortunately their
shipping costs suck.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com