William R. Watt

Default tidal wave damage

Seems to me the best thing they can do is get all those fishing boats back
in the water so the people can start fishing again ASAP instead of
spending all their time building refugee camps. The people can live on
the boats while the houses are being rebuilt. From the newsreel clips the
boats look to be in pretty good shape. They surely must be more
solidly built than the grass huts people were living in.
homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm

Hi

I had the same thoughts ,that from what you se you would have had a
greater chance survival being on one of these beached boats. Now most
of these though seem a bit old the smaller ones anyway and I wonder if
the shelters that will be build simply will be what will be build ontop
of-- that what will rise will not profit from the dameage we seen that
it will be temp. shelters . Anyway the suggested shelters and prefab
small buildings I seen seem quite poor ; the same lame metal sheet
roofs the same poor walls no real progress from the idea that what must
be build will be as cheap as what you would expect .
P.C.
http://home20.inet.tele.dk/h-3d/

William R. Watt

not to get oo political but there is no news coming out of Burma or any
news about aid going to Burma

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm
William R. Watt

an advantage of getting fishing boats refloated would be distribution
of aid. news broadcasts say aid is tied up at airports with roads and rail
washed out along the coast. scarce helicopters are being used to fly
material to coastal villages. apparently the Indian ocean is still
functioning and could be used to distribute materail along the coast if
there were boats in the water. seems all the damages is withing a mile or
so of the water. I think it's probably just the thinking of the
technically advanced piscatorially challenged people in charge.

re Burma. Odd that so few people have been killed given what we are seeing
about north Sumatra, Thailand, and the Andaman Islands. Burma has a lot
more coastline along the Malay peninsula than Thailand. It's not as
developed and maybe not as densly populated. Burma certainly would not
have the tourist resorts.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm

Wave heights Roger Long Cruising 61 January 11th 05 04:53 PM
SSB Antenna for a Ketch David Swindon Electronics 45 November 12th 04 07:47 PM
Update on Marina Damage -- FL Coasts anchorlt Cruising 0 September 24th 04 08:03 PM
Lunatic Tides Gould 0738 General 0 July 14th 04 01:21 AM
Long Island Sound wave height question Chris General 7 September 1st 03 03:48 PM