Twilk

Default Marine lumber supplier

Can anybody direct me to a marine wood supplier in Connecticut?
I need 1/4 in plywood in 10 foot length
Thanks

---

Wayne.B

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 17:51:07 GMT, "Twilk"
wrote:
Can anybody direct me to a marine wood supplier in Connecticut?
I need 1/4 in plywood in 10 foot length

================

If you are in western CT, or don't mind driving over that way, I'd
recommend ML Condon Lumber in White Plains, NY, (914)-946-4111.

They have an excellent selection of almost anything you might want.

Wayne.B

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 08:42:50 -0500, "Paul R. LaBrie"
wrote:

FWIW -- I believe that White Plains is just slightly north of NYC. - paul

===================================

That is correct, about 25 miles north. It is also a 15 minute drive
from Stamford, CT and thereabouts.

Brian Nystrom

Twilk wrote:
Can anybody direct me to a marine wood supplier in Connecticut?
I need 1/4 in plywood in 10 foot length

If you can't find what you need any closer, Boulter Plywood in
Somerville, MA will have it.

Steve

I can't help you locat a supplier but FWIW, 10 ft sheets of ply are rarely
available. Plywood mills produce only 4 X 8 ft sheets and all of their
machinery is basically limited to that size. (I live in the area of several
plywood mills here in the Pac. NW.)

For my Ingrid rudder, I needed 12 ft sheets of 3/4" and finally found a
wholesaler that had scarffed sheets, done by a third party. The scarf was
well done but only about 8" long. Since my rudder was to be made up of a
lamination of 4 layers of ply, this was not a problem as long as I staggered
the these scarfs.

I doubt that you will find 1/4" ply already scarfed and suggest you just do
it yourself or find a way to build your project with butt joints in a non
critical location.

My opinion, FWIW.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Jim Conlin

I've made my own, sorta.
To get 10' sheets of 1/4" ply with a particular face veneer, i started w/ 3mm
okoume scarphed up to (not quite) 10' sheets cross-grained(4+4+2), then
vacuum bagged 1/16" veneer onto that.
It wasn't an inexpensive or quick solution, but the product was very good.

Just a few names... John Smith General 0 May 2nd 04 11:32 PM
Essentials of a Marine Boat Alarm System Rick Curtis Electronics 19 February 23rd 04 09:42 AM
paradise cove trip Brien Alkire ASA 31 February 15th 04 11:17 PM
ANNOUNCE: Steerage Marine - All Africa Marine Search Engine in South Africa [email protected] Marketplace 0 November 20th 03 02:48 PM
The same people Simple Simon ASA 28 July 23rd 03 03:20 PM