Caribmon

Default Boatbuilding Operation in Brazil

Looking for partners, and/or investors to build catamarans. Location
with 3000 sq. meters on waterfront, American owned and run, and many
benefits building in Brazil.

Contact for more information.

email
Steve

with 3000 sq. meters on waterfront, American owned

Are you sure of this figure?? Doesn't seem like a very big area for a boat
building venture.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Brian Whatcott

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:56:57 -0700, "Steve" wrote:

with 3000 sq. meters on waterfront, American owned

Are you sure of this figure?? Doesn't seem like a very big area for a boat
building venture.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Hmmm...32,290 sq feet.
A production space of 50 feet wide and over a tenth of a mile long?
Seems small?

Brian W
Steve

"Brian Whatcott" wrote in message
On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:56:57 -0700, "Steve" wrote:

with 3000 sq. meters on waterfront, American owned

Are you sure of this figure?? Doesn't seem like a very big area for a

boat
building venture.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Hmmm...32,290 sq feet.
A production space of 50 feet wide and over a tenth of a mile long?
Seems small?

Brian W

Or 180ft by 180ft. My front yard (seems) is that big (when I'm mowing it).

I think someone forgot a zero in the OP.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Neil Currey

"Steve" wrote in message

with 3000 sq. meters on waterfront, American owned

Are you sure of this figure?? Doesn't seem like a very big area for a boat
building venture.

He is quoting in Sq meters 3,000 sq m is 32,292 sq ft thats a pretty big lot

Neil

Steve

He is quoting in Sq meters 3,000 sq m is 32,292 sq ft thats a pretty big

lot

Neil

Not really, that's only 180ft by 180ft.

Not hardly "room to swing a Cat"!

Maybe ok for production of a few Hoby Cat or one at a time cruising Cat.
Trust me I've managed a small boat yard and it takes more room than needed
for the boat(s).

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Glenn Ashmore

It is small for a yard but maybe not for a building operation. I visited
one plant in Bristol, RI that was in a building about 80'x180'. They had a
layup area and a 20'x60' post cure oven down one wall, component fabrication
down the other. The 30' wide line down the middle had three 30 something
sport boats and a 46' cruiser in the works with plenty of room around them
to work.

As I remember the parking lot was down one side and the rear yard was full
of molds, enventory and a travellift. I would guess that the lot couldn't
be more than 150x250 and it wasn't close to the water.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Steve" wrote in message
news

He is quoting in Sq meters 3,000 sq m is 32,292 sq ft thats a pretty big

lot

Neil

Not really, that's only 180ft by 180ft.

Not hardly "room to swing a Cat"!

Maybe ok for production of a few Hoby Cat or one at a time cruising Cat.
Trust me I've managed a small boat yard and it takes more room than needed
for the boat(s).

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Stephen Baker

Glenn says:

I visited
one plant in Bristol, RI that was in a building about 80'x180'. They had a
layup area and a 20'x60' post cure oven down one wall, component fabrication
down the other. The 30' wide line down the middle had three 30 something
sport boats and a 46' cruiser in the works with plenty of room around them
to work.

That sounds like somewhere on Broad Common Rd. I'd put my money on Barrettt
Holby's shop ;-)
If not, then Barry Carroll, but IIRC they were a bit bigger.

Steve
Glenn Ashmore

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message

That sounds like somewhere on Broad Common Rd. I'd put my money on

Barrettt
Holby's shop ;-)
If not, then Barry Carroll, but IIRC they were a bit bigger.

It was Carroll Marine. It may be a little bigger but not much. My
estimate was based on trying to scale around the 3 Mum 30's and the Nelson
Marek 46 they were building at the time.

In reserching before starting Rutu I visited several plants. Barry's was
about the typical size. In comparison the Beneteau plant in Marion, South
Carolina is HUGE.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Caribmon

Lot's of room to swing a few cats in a building that is 279 feet long
and 82 feet wide. In fact, I don't think you could throw a cat from
one end to the other... and there are two more buildings next door,
the same size that we can expand into if we want.

That's a shade under 100,000 square feet under roof, on the water at
96,891 sq. feet.

Plus a few smaller outbuildings.

What do you want to build? The Queen Mary?