Brian D

I like Corrosion X also. Corrosion Block doesn't really advertise how it
works, but Corrosion X tells you straight out that it incorporates polar
molecules that help it penetrate and stick to the metal. I used to use the
old G96 gun lube, which also had polar molecules, for years and years on
guns and it completely prevented corrosion and fingerprint damage (I live in
Oregon ...land of rain). That's why I'm a little bit biased towards
Corrosion X. I know that commercial fishermen around here and in Alaska use
it, and they also use Corrosion Block. I'm sure either works.

Brian D

"Keith" wrote in message
Spray all these things with Corrosion Block. Comes in a blue and white

spray
can, and is made for electrical stuff. I spray my shore power connectors,

AC
and DC panel connections, etc. with this on a regular basis and never have

corrosion problem.

--

Keith
__
wrote in message
om...
"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
Hate to tell you but the Hubble HBL53CM62 20A duplex "marine" socket is
constructed from exactly the same material as a standard $1.50 Levitron
outlet you can get from Home Despot.

Amen - except they are $0.79 up my way. All switchable or
disconnectable electrical things eventually incur some corrosion over
time; when it is problematic with an outlet, it takes 5 minutes to
renew it with another $0.79 or $1.50 outlet. For the fastidious or
those who don't know that an AC outlet carries AC, yellow spraypaint
is $2 a can. Depending upon specific location & use, a watertight
cover may make things worse instead of better.

Just a few names... John Smith General 0 May 2nd 04 11:32 PM
Standard 80W90 gear oil vs. Marine grade gear oil ????? D.B. General 2 April 25th 04 04:12 AM
Essentials of a Marine Boat Alarm System Rick Curtis Electronics 19 February 23rd 04 09:42 AM
paradise cove trip Brien Alkire ASA 31 February 15th 04 11:17 PM
The same people Simple Simon ASA 28 July 23rd 03 03:20 PM