John Knox

Default racor diesel filters

does anyone know the difference between the racor
'standard' fuel filter series and the 'marine'
series? the 2 part numbers i am comparing are
120a and the 120rmam2. the major difference
seems to be that the marine model lists for about
twice the standard model.
Glenn Ashmore

The marine models are UL/USCG approved for installation inside the
engine compartment but I don't know of any difference with the spin-ons
except the metal bowl. The only difference I can find on the turbine
models is that the marine version has a heat shield below the bowl. All
the other replacement part numbers are the same. I got a couple of used
500FG2s and ordered $20 worth of parts to upgrade to the MA2.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

1991 volvo 570 245hp filters, belts, etc... where to buy? bajajoe General 3 August 13th 04 01:36 AM
Oil Filters, etc. Wayne.B General 5 January 28th 04 04:29 AM
Replacing Engine Filters Geoffrey Freer General 2 January 11th 04 11:19 PM
FS New/Unused Watermaker FWF kit and filters in Az. [email protected] Marketplace 0 December 9th 03 10:58 PM
Filters for list Florida Keyz General 1 July 18th 03 03:50 AM