Junior Member

Default can you answer my question?

hi guys

I have almost finished the structure of the canoe

after this what should I do?

and please be clear in your answer for this question

Is it enough cover the boat by fiberglass and filler to resist water or no

Last edited by Yaasaay : June 15th 11 at 10:13 PM Reason: miss
posted to rec.boats.building

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 21:52:16 +0100, Yaasaay
wrote:

hi guys

I have almost finished the structure of the canoe

after this what should I do?

and please be clear in your answer for this question

Is it enough cover the boat by fiberglass and filler to resist water or
no

I guess that the question is what kind of canoe did you build? A
traditional canoe is covered with canvas to keep the water out.

Fiberglass, whether epoxy or polyester do not have a great deal of
ultra-violet resistance and should be covered with something giving
ultra-violet protection if the boat is kept for long periods out of
doors.

Cheers,

Bruce

"Bruce" wrote in message

.... A
traditional canoe is covered with canvas to keep the water out.

No, no at traditional canoe is covered with seal skin.

Tim w

posted to rec.boats.building

"I_am_Tosk" wrote in message
In article , says...

"Bruce" wrote in message

.... A
traditional canoe is covered with canvas to keep the water out.

No, no at traditional canoe is covered with seal skin.

You are answering a troll post...

Actually, you are....

posted to rec.boats.building

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 12:34:07 +0100, "Tim W"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

.... A
traditional canoe is covered with canvas to keep the water out.

No, no at traditional canoe is covered with seal skin.

Tim w

Nope. Birch bark. the Eskimos didn't build canoes :-)

But the canvas ones were built for a couple of hundred years.

Cheers,

Bruce
posted to rec.boats.building

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 09:18:48 -0400, I_am_Tosk
wrote:

In article , says...

"Bruce" wrote in message

.... A
traditional canoe is covered with canvas to keep the water out.

No, no at traditional canoe is covered with seal skin.

Tim w

You are answering a troll post...

Who cares? It will make a change from the vast silence on this group.

Cheers,

Bruce
Junior Member

what kind of canvas I need ?

can you show me pics of canvas or seal skin?

and

what is the order of the process ?

for example first I put the fiberglass on the wooden board

then the canvas

finally by the filler mixing with epoxy

is it right

I wait your responses

Answer to a Question Boating All Out General 1 April 26th 11 12:40 AM
Answer the question.... *e#c General 1 February 24th 11 08:23 AM
Answer, crew question G. Webster Tall Ships 1 March 30th 04 04:09 PM
Since Booby can't answer the question Simple Simon ASA 13 September 3rd 03 02:07 AM