posted to rec.boats.building

Default Weed Eater Edger Boat

Anyone ever turn a WeedEater Edger into a small pond boat motor? Not a
string trimmer but using an Edger

posted to rec.boats.building

On Sun, 9 May 2010 18:17:53 -0500, "Dave"
wrote:

Anyone ever turn a WeedEater Edger into a small pond boat motor? Not a
string trimmer but using an Edger

I've seen those "grass cutters" that are used here made into long tail
motors. The kind that use a small two stroke engine in a backpack. The
flexible shaft portion is removed leaving the engine with a 5 ft.
shaft attached to it. A propeller on the end and a bracket to mount it
and you're good to go... for a years or so as corrosion gets to them
very rapidly. On the other hand they are cheap.
Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)
Junior Member

I have converted this same engine and it runs very well, and isn't too heavy. BUT, it really isn't suited to a warbird without quite a bit of work to lighten it up. I ended up spending quite a bit more in the end than if I had bought a new chinese made model engine. The engine was free, I got an EI system for about $60, timing kit with prop hub and magnet from CH for $60, a new carb for the G26 for $55, mount and muffler from wacker engines for $60.

Weed Wacker Golf Club? [email protected] General 0 March 1st 08 03:30 AM
weed trimmer conversion to outboard mudmotor Tim General 11 April 5th 07 03:26 AM
Weed Eater Conversion t Boat Building 6 July 19th 06 03:14 AM
Weed-Free Rudder Strategies? (PeteCresswell) General 3 July 8th 06 04:37 AM
Bus Eater on Ottawa R. Andrea General 1 December 15th 03 02:10 AM