posted to rec.boats.building

Default What antique boat forums exist anymore

This one seems to be overrun with spammers.

On May 5, 5:22*pm, Amigoid wrote:
This one seems to be overrun with spammers.

Yea, it's annoying.

posted to rec.boats.building

On Thu, 6 May 2010 00:24:05 -0700 (PDT), Timmynocky
wrote:

On May 5, 5:22*pm, Amigoid wrote:
This one seems to be overrun with spammers.

Yea, it's annoying.

Some Usenet servers/vendors do a better job than other of culling out
the junk. I've been on Supernews for quite a while and that is one of
their strong points, along with good retention.

www.supernews.com

wrote:

On May 5, 5:22Â*pm, Amigoid wrote:
This one seems to be overrun with spammers.

Yea, it's annoying.

Some Usenet servers/vendors do a better job than other of culling out
the junk. I've been on Supernews for quite a while and that is one of
their strong points, along with good retention.

www.supernews.com

http://news.individual.net/overview.php
Works for me.

I was actually puzzled by Amigoid's statement about being overrun
by spammers.

What those filters seem to be unable to cope with is the political
mudslinging that destroys some groups. rec.boats was unbearable
last time I looked. In the 1990s it was the best place to hang out
if you were interested in sailing and boating.

/Martin
posted to rec.boats.building

In article ,
says...

wrote:

On May 5, 5:22*pm, Amigoid wrote:
This one seems to be overrun with spammers.

Yea, it's annoying.

Some Usenet servers/vendors do a better job than other of culling out
the junk. I've been on Supernews for quite a while and that is one of
their strong points, along with good retention.

www.supernews.com

I use eternal-september and I haven't seen a spam here in months that I
recall...

Scotty

--
Pain is temporary, Glory is forever!