posted to rec.boats.building

Default rule bilge pump

My Rule 750 bilge pump (has internal float switch) has three wires -
labeled - Neg, Pos. and Main Pos. Can anyone explain the two pos wires?
I cannot find my owner manual.

paul

Paul Oman wrote:
My Rule 750 bilge pump (has internal float switch) has three wires -
labeled - Neg, Pos. and Main Pos. Can anyone explain the two pos wires?
I cannot find my owner manual.

paul

Paul,

I'm working from rusty (nasty, old corroded barnacle cover - you get the
idea) memory here.
Neg - negataive (Duh)
Pos - a switched supply to run the pump from a manual control
Main Pos - to a full time supply (this feed the float switch so the pump
is automatic.

When I put these in, I usually use a SPDT-CO (center off) switch so the
owner can select auto (where you leave it), manual that will usually let
you pump the bilge down more than the built in switch likes to do and
off is to stop pumping when there is something in the bilge you don't
want to pump overboard until you are ready.

Matt
posted to rec.boats.building
Jim Jim is offline

matt_colie wrote:
Paul Oman wrote:
[...]

Make sure you use good crimped connections and cover each with heat
shrink tube. Make sure to leave it so that you can replace it when the
poor quality float switch stops working.

External float switch complaint:

I noticed that they now make the external float switch easily removed
from the pump. Can't make the switch better, but they seem to be
admitting that it needs to be changed once in a while and they should
make it easy to do.

bilge pump wiring sonofadocker General 3 April 23rd 07 11:39 PM
SCR controlled bilge pump Offbreed Electronics 16 January 11th 06 12:53 AM
Which Bilge Pump? Chris Boat Building 18 December 18th 05 12:03 AM
Which Bilge Pump? Chris Cruising 18 December 18th 05 12:03 AM
Bilge Pump jflash General 11 June 1st 05 01:00 PM