posted to rec.boats.building
matt_colie[_2_] matt_colie[_2_] is offline

Default rule bilge pump

Paul Oman wrote:
My Rule 750 bilge pump (has internal float switch) has three wires -
labeled - Neg, Pos. and Main Pos. Can anyone explain the two pos wires?
I cannot find my owner manual.

paul

Paul,

I'm working from rusty (nasty, old corroded barnacle cover - you get the
idea) memory here.
Neg - negataive (Duh)
Pos - a switched supply to run the pump from a manual control
Main Pos - to a full time supply (this feed the float switch so the pump
is automatic.

When I put these in, I usually use a SPDT-CO (center off) switch so the
owner can select auto (where you leave it), manual that will usually let
you pump the bilge down more than the built in switch likes to do and
off is to stop pumping when there is something in the bilge you don't
want to pump overboard until you are ready.

Matt