posted to rec.boats.building

Default ChrisCraft Power requirements

Hello Looking for some help if I can...I recently purchased a "project boat"
it's a 1980 ChrisCraft 213 VF Scorpion outboard Center console. Would anyone
know where I can find archival information as to the power requirements for
this boat? ChrisCraft is no help, they have no information for anything
older than 2001. Any leads would be of help.

Thanks
Richard Nadolny
Stevensville, MD

posted to rec.boats.building

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 15:39:16 -0400, "Richard Nadolny"
wrote:

Hello Looking for some help if I can...I recently purchased a "project boat"
it's a 1980 ChrisCraft 213 VF Scorpion outboard Center console. Would anyone
know where I can find archival information as to the power requirements for
this boat? ChrisCraft is no help, they have no information for anything
older than 2001. Any leads would be of help.

Look on the inside of the transom for the builders plate with serial
numbers, max load rating, etc. It may specify a maximum hosepower
rating. Otherwise 1 horsepower for every 25 to 30 pounds of loaded
weight usually works pretty well in that size range.

posted to rec.boats.building

You might thy here. They may have the original build card that will
tell you everything about the boat.

http://www.mariner.org/library/chriscraft/index.php