posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Atlantic Hurricane Activity

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 23:47:28 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"Marty" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
"Ken Marino" wrote in message
m...
On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 17:17:34 -0800, Capt. JG wrote:

"Ken Marino" wrote in message
m... troll sh*t
removed
How come we have an overactive hurricane season in '05 and 08 and
everyone blames gobal warming. We have lower than normal activity
in'06
and '07 and global temps are never mentioned?
never?? Do a bit more research.
You know as well as anyone that the word is overused. There are
certainly
a lot more people blaming high count hurricane years on warming than
there are eople that question that kind of statement in the off years.

I agree, but you used the word never, which indicated lack of research. I
apologize for the implication.

"Never, is an awfully big word to use in the world of science" (sic)
Justice Felix Frankfurter,,, way back in the thirties during a a case
where in one party claimed that colour TV would never be possible...

Cheers
Martin

There color tv??? Hmmmm....

Some folks thought there would never be a color president, either...

Dave's pretty freaked out.